Port Arthur Visit
We are delighted that you are planning to visit Diagnostic Health. We’ve created this section to help you prepare for your exam.
- Conveniently located in the center of Port Arthur primary medical community
- Ample parking
- Ease of access to the Port Arthur facility
- Customer Friendly Staff and Radiologists
- Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time to verify your registration information and if needed, to provide further health information for your exam.
- Referral: If you received any appointment slips or patient preparation instructions, please bring them with you to your appointment.
- Notify your physician and Diagnostic Health staff at the time you check in if are currently breastfeeding or if there is any chance that you be may be pregnant.
- List of medications: Bring a list of your current medications (or you can bring the medications themselves) and information about any allergies you may have. Information on medications and allergies is not needed for simple x-rays like a chest x-ray or an ankle film, but sometimes patients do not realize they are really scheduled for more complicated studies like a chest CT. If in doubt, bring the information.
- Each type of imaging exam and diagnostic or therapeutic procedure has its own specific guidelines. Special instructions for your exam should be given at the time of scheduling. Typical examinations requiring special patient preparation include:
- Most Ultrasound, CT, and MR scans
- Angiography, neuroradiology, myelography, and interventional examinations
- Most GI and GU examinations including IVP (intravenous pyelogram, intravenous urogram), studies of the esophagus, stomach (upper GI) and colon (barium enema)
- Mammography (breast imaging)
- Many Nuclear Medicine studies
Please contact our scheduling representatives during regular business hours if you have any questions about preparing for your exam.
Reports and Film/CD
We will send your exam report and film/CD (if requested) directly to your physician. Your physician will discuss the results with you at your next scheduled appointment.